and kids

and kids

Friday, July 31, 2009

A Sad Morning

Have you ever seen Bill Cosby's stand up when he talks about his wife dealing with their kids. Sometimes, as I get frustrated with my little angels, I can hear him imitating his wife saying, "I have had enough!!" It brings a smile to my face.

Last night I went out with my sister and sister-in-law. They both had had a stressful day and needed to get out and my husband so "Go, have a good time", so I did.

It is a rule in our house, when you get PJ's on, you pick up your room and the toy room for a fresh start the next day. Apparently, Daddy didn't remind them to pick up last night, so this morning the toy room was a mess, not terrible (like maybe they cleaned half way) but still a lot of toys sitting out.

My thoughts: "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!"

This morning I boxed up all the toys that were still on the floor. I keep threatening to do this to the items they don't take care of, and today was the day. Every toy left on the floor I boxed up and put in the closet until further notice. There were some tears shed, but when Mommy is at the end of her rope - look out!

This mean Mommy is just trying to teach responsibility. Right?

(Can you tell that I may be eager for school to start so my house can stay in order a little better??)

2 comments:

  1. yes! so very Dr Phil of you. he would give you props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can imagine which of my little runts looked at me and said, "It's okay Mommy. I don't want to play with those anymore anyway." UGH! Thankfully she did pick up some dismay when those things stayed away and now when mom says clean in 30 minutes or else, feet and hands start flying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter