and kids

and kids

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heaven

Tavis keeps me on my toes. His observations, his silliness, his honesty.

He loves to read. He reads "chapter books" (not allowed to call them novels?), but he also loves to read information about animals, places, how things work, etc. He is always spouting out information that I have to question sometimes. Like the time he was sure that White Tigers were only female?!?! (that one didn't work out for him) The other day I lost a bet to him because he was talking about a Lemon Shark and I told him there was no such thing he has a history and a smirk to go with it I was wrong, there is a Lemon Shark.

One thing he talks about freely is heaven. I don't question him on this subject. I don't know what heaven is going to be like and his ideas are intriguing. I hear him telling his siblings that heaven is going to be just like we are living now, just perfect. No pain, no troubles, just earth in perfect form.

Interesting?!


He said to me the other day, "Won't it be cool when we get to heaven and we just know people we didn't think we knew, but we will just know who they are?" Like Jesus himself. Like Paul, Martin Luther, Granddaddy Caines (who I speak of often and the kids can't wait to meet), etc.

Then, later on he said, "Do you know who I'm excited to meet in heaven?"


"No, who bud?" I said, half listening.

"Our dead baby"


I stopped in my tracks.


He continued, "It won't even matter that I've never seen him before, I'll know who he is and he'll know me!"


What a thought! It was 11 years ago today that we lost our first baby.

Can't wait to meet him....

4 comments:

  1. How old is Tavis? What a tender soul he has! Kinda neat that it was 11 years ago today...what a neat remembrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clyde does this too. And they have talked about our baby we lost also. He's also mentioned my brother that died. Stops me in my tracks to. I guess God gives some of us an extra dose of homing instinct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is neat to hear kids' perspectives on heaven. My kids aren't aware that we lost a baby...but Jenna talks a lot about getting to see her Granddaddy (my Dad).

    ReplyDelete
  4. warning here would have been good.... have mercy. out of the mouth of babes. i didn't see this earlier. so bittersweet...so hard... and yet so comforting at the same time. i think God sends us messages through our kids, like this. we can't wait to meet him, too.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter