and kids

and kids

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Waiting Room

This is not a Fugazi Song! (JR)

My Dad has been tired a lot lately, so he started to exercise via walking. Every time he'd walk he'd have chest pains, but thought it was because he was out-of-shape. Yesterday he called his doctor and they "just happened" to have a cancellation. Then he ended up being sent for an arteriogram at 4:00. He had one artery 100% blocked, two that were 90% blocked and one that was 50% blocked. As my brother, Philip, who is obsessed with numbers, pointed out, out of 400% he was only pumping at 70%. No wonder he felt so crummy.


So, this morning he had quadruple bypass surgery. We have had many men in our church who have had a similar surgery, but it is a lot scarier when it is your Daddy. I had to contact my little sister, who lives in South Africa. That was tough. She told me that everything had to be ok, "because Daddy has to walk me down the aisle in April".


And it has been a long day in the waiting room.


Family and friends gathered around to help pass the time. The surgery took about four hours, but one of the nurses called every hour to give an update. It has been a long day, but not a terrible day. It is so nice to have so much support. When I finally got internet service after surgery, in the second waiting room, I had 109 Facebook messages of support. Ruth also got to call me on my cell phone while I was waiting. Technology can be annoying at times, but in times like these it is great to have so much support.


I am about to walk back and see my Dad, not that he'll be awake, but I'm here with Mom. Thanks for all your prayers!!

7 comments:

  1. *THRILLED* at the SUPER news! continuing to pray for his recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very very thankful and still praying. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got so much more support than you even know. we all love you guys and your dad and have been praying.
    Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been praying for and thinking of you and your family all day. As Mindy pointed out, you've got more support than you know. Thanks for keeping us updated. (((HUGS!)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. God did good! I am so glad your dad did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What good timing his doctor appt was. Can't even go to the "what could have been" place. Your sweet sister! I know it is hard to be away from family when big things happen. Praying for all of you. It is so so hard to see those we love so vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking yesterday about how hard it must have been on Ruth, being so far away. So thankful of God's perfect timing - appointment made, etc. Love you and your family will continue to pray for his full recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter