and kids

and kids

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Procrastination Annonymous

"Hello, my name is Gretchen, and I don't want to be in your stupid group"

I've always been the planner.  Always been on time.  Always been orderly.

I never planned to be a working Mom, but it is the hand the Lord gave me.  I am thankful to have multiple skills that allows me to help provide for the family.  When my home office job didn't work out, I never intended to work outside the home.  I was frantically trying to find something that was going to utilize my home office.  I found multiple things, but none of them "seemed right".  As much as I wanted to be home this Summer, I did work outside the home, three days a week.

Between working, trying to be a super mom and be fun on my off days, orthodontist appointments, exhaustion, errands, laundry, and starting a new business with Rodan + Fields (shameless plug that I will tell you more about later), etc. I procrastinated on a lot of things.

Thankfully, Mimi offered to take the kids school supply shopping for the big things.  Thankfully, I bought iPads last Spring for the two younger kids that needed them.  And, thankfully, I ordered the new school uniforms back in May when there was a sale.

BUT, the day before school still left me scrambling.  Those of you that procrastinate often, I don't know how you do it.  It is no wonder why America has such high blood pressure.

Today, I had to do the following:

1) Pay late bills (because no money before)
2) Go to work for the morning
3) Go to the grocery store so I could make lunches for the first day of school
4) Get ADD meds filled, because school was starting
5) Take Capps for sports physical as the last squeezed in appointment because I forgot we needed 5th graders to get a physical too (..for..a..Spring...sport)
6) Dinner, because everyone seems to want to eat
7) Last minute school supply shopping for the things we didn't have at Desk Day
8) Mollee's first soccer game - yes, the day before school starts?
9) Dye Mollee's hair - the ultimate procrastination - her hair was still blue from the Summer and I hadn't thought about it, home from the game at 9:30 and trying to bleach it out but it turned green/gray, so I had to cut out a lot of it.  UGH!
10) Crash into bed at midnight and be ready for the alarm at 6:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter