and kids

and kids

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Picnic

If you live where we live you know that today was absolutely beautiful. We've been suffering in 95+ degree weather for at least three months. Today we got a break of a glorious 81 degrees.

I decided that such wonderful weather called for a picnic. So we packed up a lunch and went out to the front yard (real adventurous, I know!). Have I ever mentioned how Tavis like to ruin pictures?To prove that I was there -
Tavis giving a thumbs down because of my shirt (he has been brainwashed into being a Tennessee fan by my brother-in-law)Mollee enjoying her favorite past time, reading Calvin and HobbesDaegan getting every last drop of his Capri SunCapps taking it all inMac enjoying J-E-L-L-O and not sitting?Tavis in a tree
Before we started eating I asked the kids to say a Thanksgiving prayer, I always enjoy hearing what they pick to be thankful for. Mollee was thankful that she could go to a Christian School and have such great friends. Tavis was thankful for a Mommy that would let them have a picnic. Daegan was thankful for the cooler weather (I think I just heard Moriah snicker). Capps was thankful for Keegan. Mac was thankful for Jello. I was thankful for Daddy's job that he loves, even if he had to work today and miss our picnic.

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I need to get outside. Bad day to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. ha

    Sorry I'm sooo behind on blog reading. I have 149 unread items currently in my Reader. Le Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter