and kids

and kids

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Weekend and the Church Picnic

Great Title, I know!

My brain is fried. It seems that every year, by the end of September, our weekends fill up - FAST! I'm not sure if it because of school, because the weather is great for activites or .......

I told you, my brain is fried, I can't even come up with another excuse.

This weekend was no exception. Friday the kids were home for Fall Break, so that just automatically equals a long day. We were supposed to go to Jason's parents on Friday night, but we ended up cancelling because Daegan had fever Thursday night and Mollee's had some eye (allergy pink eye) issues so we didn't want to expose them to anything. I forgot to mention earlier this week was Jason's Mima's 99th birthday. (Daegan has another sinus infection)

It was a good thing we cancelled because Jason didn't get home from work until 8:00. They were trying to finish up a job, so we wouldn't have made it anyway. Then Saturday, he had promised to help some friends with their crown molding. I got to take all five kids grocery shopping Saturday morning, which is always eventful.

Saturday night we had to go to a wedding at 5:30. Our Shepherding Elder's daughter was getting married. Not just our Shepherding Elder, but our very, very good friends. The mother-of-the-bride was the Matron of Honor in our wedding. The father-of-the-bride is Jimbo, and that is a very big deal in our house. And the bride, she was my little sister's best friend growing up so she was at our house all the time.
The wedding was wonderful. Everything was beautiful. Afterwards (with kids) we all went to the reception. Mollee was so excited about the first dance and the dance with Liz and Jimbo was so fun that I thought Mollee was going to pop. Liz was beyond gorgegous. We didn't get to stay for the cake cutting (a sore subject for Mollee) because we were already out past bedtime.
And today, the Church Picnic. It was great fun. There was a kickball game going on, some Bocce, volleyball, Jason and Jeremy were enjoying horseshoes
The kids got to play on a real merry-go-round. We keep telling them about these, but there aren't any at playgrounds anymore. Unfortunately, it was more than Capps could handle as he ended up throwing up on the sidelines (and it wasn't the throwing up that upset him as much as the embarrassement).
Another forbidden playground item that the kids enjoyed today.
Mac enjoyed wandering around and playing all the gamesJason tried to get me involved by throwing footballs at me, but don't worry, I didn't give in to his childish ways and catch the ball, I just took a picture.Mollee with Charity (of course)After everyone had eaten we had a time of worship with singing. Here is Papa with six of this grandsons piled on the built-in grill.
It has been a long weekend. Full of memories.
Jason is hoping next weekend won't be quite so busy and he'll actually get to rest. We'll just have to see about that?

4 comments:

  1. Do me a favor and give the Hildebrands my love... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe sad i missed the picnic. i was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz was beautiful! I am so sad I missed the wedding! Can you do me a favor? Can you get me her and Nathans Address for me! Also can you email me the Pic of pappa with the grandsons. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter