and kids

and kids

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hearty Meals Needed

I have hit a stage in my mothering life that I thought we already sorta hit, but it got exponentially worse in the last few weeks.
My kids are good eaters - when they were little, they ate way more than Heather's kids. Over the last year, the growth spurts have been crazy and the appetites even bigger. Now, I have three boys starting soccer and two of those boys are weight lifting. And they are always hungry. Always.
Last week I scrambled two dozen eggs, cooked two pounds of bacon, served grits, cheese slices and apples and oranges. Still hungry...
Last night I made a double (2 - 13x9) portion of a popular casserole, corn, beans, peas, biscuits, cheese, and oranges. *sigh* Still hungry...
Found the older two boys eating an hour later. Ha.
I'm not complaining. I love feeding them. And I love seeing them become men. And I don't need anyone to tell me they don't need all that food - if you saw them, you'd know they are burning the calories faster than they are eating them.
I'm just gonna have to up my game on hearty meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter