and kids

and kids

Monday, June 8, 2009

A Busy Weekend

It is already Monday night and I had planned to blog a few times over the weekend, but it just didn't happen. So here we go...

We spend a lot of Friday nights at Jason's parents, but with Daegan's weird parotitis we decided not to go to avoid sharing any germs (even though they said he wasn't contagious) with his 97 year-old Mima who is recovering from a broken hip/surgery. So we got pizza and watched "Meet the Robinson's" with the kids. Saturday, I decided to let Jason sleep in late. I got up, got the kids breakfast, got cartoons going and went on my Wal-Mart run (as quickly as I could!) all before 9:50. I then put on a pot of coffee for Jason to enjoy when he awoke at 10:30 - What a good wife am I? The kids had tons of outdoor time, which always makes me feel better about myself. Mac took a great nap and then everyone enjoyed the sprinkler. We had PB&J for dinner and everyone was happy. Sunday, we went to church and since my parents are on vacation in Florida, we went straight home afterwards. While Mac was napping, I took the big kids to a neighbor's pool, and Jason stayed home and read on the deck without interruption. After the pool the kids got their baths and PJs on by 5:30 and we had cereal for dinner, which we have for dinner every Sunday night.

This morning we had to be at church at 8:30 for Music Camp. I got to run errands with only Mac, which was strange but a nice treat. I'm sure I'll have more on Music Camp in the days to come.

As I look back at this post I'm realizing that we played outside, played in the sprinkler, watched a movie and cartoons and went to the pool. Also, our dinners consisted of pizza, sandwiches and cereal. Not sure why I felt like it was an exhausting weekend, just a full weekend!

Six more days until vacation!!!! but whose counting?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a relaxing weekend! Where are you going on vacation?

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter