and kids

and kids

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Packing for 7!

Packing for 7 is quite a task. The biggest struggle is having all the clothes clean before you can start packing. I let the boys 'help' pick out their outfits (just so they feel included), but Mollee is the obvious girl who wants to take too many different options just in case she may want a skirt one day or shorts or a dress! "You just don't know, Mom!" Of goodness, and she is only 8! But it is 8:50, the night before we are leaving and I'm just about there. The house is clean (thanks to Jason for tackling the bathrooms and kitchen for me) and the suitcases are packed. We like to save up for vacation and eat out a lot - so it is a vacation for me too! - but this year there was no 'extra' money so we are taking many, many boxes of groceries with us and some frozen casseroles I made over the last few weeks. Thankfully, we have a huge van for all our stuff! I'm going to take a shower and take a sleeping pill (so I don't wake up and think of all the things I need to do in the morning). Hopefully, we'll get out the door at a reasonable time - which always means something different to me than it does to Jason. He says "I'm already in vacation mode, don't rush me!" :)

Beach Blogging coming soon....

1 comment:

  1. i'm not really a fashion kind of girl, but i always wayyy over pack.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter