and kids

and kids

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sandestin!

Growing up we always went to Myrtle Beach. My Grandmother had a gift shop there and my Grandfather ran a surf board and bike rental shop a block off the beach. I have many fond memories of the beach. I love it!! The sand, the sun, the waves, the tan.....

Jason's family has always gone to Destin. It is completely different from Myrtle Beach, but I've learned to love it! :) Myrtle Beach has a wide beach, dark sand and lots of big waves. Destin has a smaller beach, white sand and little waves (perfect size for my kiddos). We've enjoyed going there a handful of times over the last 14 years.

The week was absolutely wonderful! This is the first time (except our first summer as newlyweds) that we went on a vacation without me being pregnant or nursing. It is amazing what a difference that made. With Mac being 2 1/2, his naps were flexible and that made the week very relaxing. The only complaint we had was that the heat was almost unbearable, but we know we can't really complain about that - it was better than rain! It was about 98 degrees each day with a heat index of about 107-110. We went to the beach the first evening we got there (last Sunday) and then only three other mornings because it was so hot, but we went to the pool for a few hours after dinner each night and the Saturday before we left (yesterday) we went to the pool for about 3 1/2 hours.

We were spoiled by an absolutely gorgeous home that we were sad to leave. Here is a small look at what we had to put up with for the past week:

The master bedroom-
"Mollee's bedroom" (I just loved all the decorative pillows)-

Mac modeling the dining room/living room/kitchen area -
The view from the back screened-in porch -

We have now been home about 3 hours and we are completely unpacked (I had everything washed before heading home so there would be no laundry stress when we got back). Back to reality!! There was no telephone line at the house which resulted in no internet access, so I'm trying to catch up on my e-mail and, like I did for our Pennsylvania trip I'll just post a bunch of different entries for our different activities. I might post them all in the next 24 hours, but it will be easier to sort through the pics if I do them one-by-one, topic-by-topic.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome house! It is a bummer it was so hot. It's been SO hot here that it is hard to imagine the hotter weather in Florida.

    That was so smart of you to do laundry before you left, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter