and kids

and kids

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daegan's lunch

While the kids are doing their homework at the kitchen counter I try to start getting their lunches ready for the next day. Then in the morning I only have a few last minute things to add.

The kids have been in school for nine school days. I try to alter their lunches and keep them from getting bored. I also try to make sure they have enough items so they aren't hungry. There is always a granola bar or something similar at the bottom, just in case they need something extra on a certain day.

As I was getting things ready this morning, it occurred to me that Daegan (my biggest eater by a long shot) always eats everything in his box. I know he isn't handing things out or throwing things away because he said he isn't and because he brings the empty bags home.

So, what does a pint-size, giant-appetite kindergartner eat?

A PB&J sandwich, a yogurt (if you put it in the freezer it is thawed and ready by the time lunch comes around), two oreos, a pack of fruit snacks, chips, pretzels and the 'extra' granola bar is always missing too.

I don't even want to think about feeding him as a teenager.

1 comment:

Site Meter