and kids

and kids

Monday, August 24, 2009

Organize Mode

Today I was going to do as little as possible, but somehow I got started on a major 'clean-out' project and couldn't stop. I was almost late picking the kids up from school because I got so involved that I lost track of time.

What was I doing? Organizing toys!

I went through every toy box in the various bedrooms and tried to combine different themed toys into different boxes. I put matchbox cars in one, all lego and kinex in another, superheroes in one and other characters in another, G.I.Joe guys in one and green army guys in another. I also threw away every toy that was slightly broken (which is why I had to do this while the older kids were in school and finish before they got home).

I came across two interesting facts about our toys that I don't know if I find amusing or disturbing. I had to make the biggest box our "gun box" which totaled 43 guns, and that doesn't include all the ninja stars, swords and other weapons I threw in. Also, and this just disturbed my OCD, in the Lego box I found about 15 Lego bodies (and I know we have more), only three had heads - maybe the vacuum is to blame for this one?

In case you were wondering I did not make it to 6AM aerobics this morning, maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter