and kids

and kids

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Homecoming 2009

When I went "away" (25 minutes from home) to college I didn't really know what to expect. I was in 8th grade before I ever spent the night away from home, but I wanted to live on campus. I wanted to try it. I was fortunate enough to live with my cousin, Alice, so there would be no roommate worries.

My freshman year, I had a blast. I hung out with a group of seven girls. I barely ever made it home, not even for Sunday lunch - much to my father's chagrin. I have a lot of fond memories from those days.

This weekend was Homecoming, which I rarely ever go to, but some of my girls were going to be there. It has been 10+ years since I've seen them. Of course, there is always Facebooking to keep in touch, but it was great to get together ...just like old times.Of course, we had to go to Chili's for dinnerMy sophomore year I only made it one semester. I was barely ever on campus because I met this guy named Jason that I wanted to hang out with.

I dropped out to marry him, I think it was a good choice.

1 comment:

Site Meter