and kids

and kids

Friday, October 16, 2009

Parent/Teacher Conference

Today I had Parent/Teacher Conferences at school. I always look forward to these meetings. It is very intriguing to me how others view my children and it is very important to me to find out how they are behaving. I am so pleased this year with the teachers the kids have.

Daegan is in kindergarten with Mrs. Wieldraayer. We love Mrs. Wieldraayer! Tavis had her also. She said Daegan was doing great. Surprisingly, she said he isn't the talker that Tavis was (at home Daegan is our #1 talker). He is so enthralled with learning that he seems too busy soaking in information to be disruptive and talky. She said she can definitely tell he is older (since we held him back), but it is to his advantage (whew!) in the learning process.

Tavis is in 2nd grade with Mrs. Bates. I didn't know Mrs. Bates prior to this year, but she is great! On Tavis' report card last week he got an S- in self control. He is very "grade oriented" and couldn't believe he was graded on that, hopefully, that knowledge will help. Mrs. Bates said he is very energetic and blurts out answers, but if his name goes on the board he has great behavior the rest of the day. She said he seems to soak up information and always has a 'different' perspective on what they are learning. We are still working on his scattered-brainedness (is that a word?). As I've shared before he looses library books, jackets and lunch boxes often. He was missing an assignment this past week and she made him go through his desk to find it and they found seven books. He is only allowed two from the library and one from Mrs. Bates at a time. Oh, Boy!

Mollee is also having a good year. Third grade with Mrs. Wilson has been a blessing. Of course, everybody that I passed in the hall today that comes into contact with Mollee said, "I always get a hug from Mollee!" So true, I'm trying to teach her that sometimes it can be too much. :) She has struggled with math facts a little, but she is getting better. She is reading really well and seems to enjoy it. She does great at grammar and has gotten good grades on her geology, geography and bible tests. I went and ate lunch with the kids Tuesday and she chose one of the boys in her class to eat with us - so that hasn't changed, still hanging out with the guys!

I feel so blessed to have our kids in a Christian school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter