and kids

and kids

Monday, April 19, 2010

Strep

Our house has been hit....hard....by the strep bug. Mac and Daegan were at the pediatrician's office Thursday. Daegan had strep, Mac had a sinus infection, but I suspect if we sent off for a 24 hr. strep test he had strep too.

Thursday and Friday for me consisted of a lot of yard work. I worked very hard in the backyard trying to get it cleaned out. By Friday afternoon I was wiped out. I have to admit, it seemed a little silly how tired I felt. I had been working hard, but was I that out of shape physically to cause such exhaustion? When I went to bed Friday night I was exhausted and could not get warm, it got to the point that I was shivering. After a few hours of that I asked Jason to find a thermometer. I had a fever of 102.8.

Saturday my mom took me to the Minute Clinic (while Jason was playing Mr. Mom, a role he doesn't necessarily like to play). I also had strep. The 6-minute test only took 65 seconds to show up positive. I had my tonsils out when Jason and I first got together 15 years ago and I haven't had strep since. Mom took me home and I climbed back into bed, took my penicillin and tried to stay on top of taking fever-reducing meds, but I could not get the fever to come down. From Friday evening until this morning (Monday) I've had fever around 102. I have not been that sick ever in my married life (that I can remember?).

Today I was so relieved to wake up to no fever. I've been tired and my throat still hurts a lot, but I had to 'man up' and get out of bed because Capps was crying this morning saying his throat hurt, and guess what. He has strep also.

So we have four down, three to go!

Pray that Jason doesn't get it. They say it is more miserable for adults and I really don't want him to get it. I've spent the day washing sheets, washing towels, replacing toothbrushes, etc. - and resting, of course. Hope I get to make it to the grocery store tomorrow, but that will depend on my energy level.

Hoping this is will be the end of our strep saga....

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable. I'm glad you're feeling better today, and I hope no one else gets it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter