and kids

and kids

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break: Day 4

Today was my day to keep David. I had traded around days to try to have more time off with the kids' Spring Break, and his Mimi, thankfully, took the days that I chose not to keep him (who could ask for a better work set-up?). I don't normally plan too much activity on the days I have him because it is just adding one more kid to my confusion, but today we met some friends at the playground. Thankfully, David was fairly content to just watch everyone play from the stroller. We got to enjoy a picnic lunch (ok, this is right before the food came out)and lots of playground timeThe weather couldn't have been more perfect. Sunny, with a breeze. Since we were both trying to keep a baby out of the sun, we kept chasing the shade, but it was fine. The kids seemed to have a good time, except my non-outdoors-media/lego-child (Daegan), who was ready to go home quickly after we got there.

Two beauties!
Here's my Capps - relaxin' (with Daegan pestering in the background with bunny ears)We got home around 3:00, just in time for haircuts and a shower and a movie before we headed to the Seder dinner our church was hosting for Maundy Thursday. While the kids were watching their movie I got to enjoy a few 'mommy minutes' out on the deck reading.

We have never participated in the Seder dinner before because we've always had little ones and knew that it was a long process and a very late dinner. I fed the kids heavy snacks before leaving and that seemed to be a wise decision. There were eight places at each table, we had the priviledge of Mrs. Laura, filling our empty spot (our picture was taken while Tavis was sitting with Thomas and Mac was socializing at Papa's table). On a whole they did well, but it was a late night for them. It was very interesting and I look forward to reading back through the program, without kids, to savor the true meaning.
We brought home my nephew, Thomas, from the dinner and I am now realizing I have an 8:45 meeting with the accountant so I will be trying to get six kids to my mom's by 8:30 - after a late night??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter