and kids

and kids

Friday, May 7, 2010

Field Day 2010

Field Day last year was in the gym because of rain. This year it just happened to be on the hottest day of the year thus far. I don't know which was worse better. In the gym last year they didn't get to do all the races, but out in the heat, I had to run from field to field, field to field, field to field to catch Mollee and Tavis' events. I definitely don't need to do the treadmill tonight.

Actually, besides the sweltering heat, it was a fun morning - I love these things! Somehow, Mollee and Tavis both ended up on the Blue team so our cheering section dressed in blue. (I got Daegan out of class to come with us because they do kindergarten Field Day on the last day of school).
They always start the day with the "Parade of Nations". Each year they have four teams and each color represents a different country. On Thursday, the day before, they spend the afternoon with their teams and learn about their country. Blue was Italy! They parade around the school campus before the activities begin.Mollee and Tavis won their races by a long shot. I'd like to say they get their speed from me, but I'm guessing it is from their dad. Although, my father would like to say it is from him!
The fox tail was another interesting event. You mark who throws it the furthest - Mollee threw it backwards!

This is called the canoe race. I missed Mollee's, but Tavis' didn't go well and his true Caines temper came through (teamwork might not be his strong suit?).The biggest part of CCS Elementary Field Day is the Tug-O-War battle. It is a 4-way rope, first team to get it back to their cone wins.I love how Mollee is in the middle of all those boys!!!Afterwards, the entire 3rd grade along with their families were invited to the Scott's home to play on the trampoline, jump through the sprinkler, play basketball and enjoy a picnic. The kids had a blast and when we got home at 3:00 this afternoon, everyone was exhausted from heat!

I think I have my base tan ready for summer!

1 comment:

  1. Look I'm reading your blog. :-)
    Jenna said she saw you today, I guess they got to cheer for the big kids. I asked Jenna about the games- she said they
    had a parade then pulled a big rope. Glad to read
    your version.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter