and kids

and kids

Friday, May 28, 2010

First Pool Trip of the Year!

I had promised the kids I would take them to the pool Friday! Today is Friday, and we woke up to a dark cloudy day with a forecast of rain. The kids were bummed so I took them to McDonald's instead. I didn't have to take them, they would have gotten over it, but I needed to get out of the house too and that was my best bet.

After they devoured 30 chicken nuggets, four burgers and two large fries (this is why going out to eat with my crew is never cheap, thankfully they were having a chicken nugget Shrek special - maybe I should ask for McDonald's gift cards for my birthday since I love to take them....hmm...), they played on the playground for an hour and a half and by the time we left, the skies were very sunny.

So, we went to the pool too! They really lucked out today with activities! Guns involve everything we do, even at the pool!
This is the first year I've ever bought the kids bathing suits. We usually just use hand-me-downs. They've been swimming in the same sun shirts for three summers now and since Old Navy was having their $9 a piece sale, I decided to get something for the three younger ones that never get new things. Mac's is my favorite! (even with his eyes closed and his left leg bunched up)Capps decided to wear his old sun shirt *hmpf* with his new bathing suit. The only swimmies we could find for him that didn't have a hole in it were pink. So much for cute matching swimming attire!Tavis is too cool for a sun shirt!!
I love the pool and look forward to many more trips, we are thankful a lady in our neighborhood has a pool and allows us to use it whenever we like! Three cheers for Mama Jo!!!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Maybe I can come with you guys one day next week????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea so many people had a blogspot from our church. I dont knoe if you remember me. Im Kevin Cooper, nancy coopers son. It's nice to see many people have a passion for writing and if not writing just being able to write the events of your day. This is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KNOW* , haha sorry..spelling error

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Capps swim trunks! They are awesome! Wish I was there to go swimming with you all!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter