and kids

and kids

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grocery Bill on the Rise

I'm beginning to realize that our grocery bill is only going to get worse. Right now the older boys are 10, 9 and 7, and they are growing, FAST. Here are some examples:

We've always been able to get two pizzas and have some left over. Now, I have to buy 3 or 4 larges and a breadsticks. I have a feeling when they hit high school, I'll be buying one per boy and maybe Mollee and I will get a piece or two.

We also eat eggs often. It is a quick meal that I don't have to plan ahead. I feel like that not long ago I could make a meal out of less than a dozen. Of course, we always have bacon or sausage along with toast and grits. Jason, Mollee and I eat fried eggs, but the boys eat scrambled with cream cheese chunks (don't knock it until you try, it is soooo yummy). We used two dozen eggs the other night.

If I try to be lazy and just have cereal for dinner, that usually bites me because we use our cereal stash too fast. Capps and Daegan always try to get three bowls. I don't mind having sweet cereals in the house, but usually they just want Cheerios with honey and milk - how can I complain about that?

Thankfully, Mac doesn't eat much - YET! But they all have their items that they can't get enough of, Mac's would be "trees" (aka. broccolli). Daegan's is any meat, that boy takes after his Dad - meat and potatoes kind of guy, without the potatoes. :) Tavis is strawberries or mac-n-cheese. Mollee is anything. She has always been a good eater. She always tries everything and likes most things. Capps, not sure he has one particular thing - maybe pizza and Cheerios?

Better get back to my couponing.....

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Definitely couponing. I still need to get into that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! But what we (with 3 girls) don't spend on food, we make up for with clothes and hair accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your going to have to buy some chickens and feed them eggs all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter