and kids

and kids

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A 40th Birthday Book Mission

Today Jason turns 40.  A big deal!  But Jason doesn't like big deals, so, instead, of a party, I was on a mission.  Jason loves books and he loves Dr. Suess, so I got this book and had all his friends sign it (for two months I snuck around getting people to write notes in the book - people from his past, guys from his small group, family, new friends, mentors, etc.).  
Instead of the typical Sunday lunch at my parents, we went for a low key family of 7 party at Cracker Barrel.
And when I asked Jason to open a gift, and he couldn't understand why we had to do it there, I knew not throwing him a party was a good idea.
But I think he liked his book and all the sentiments people wrote.
Being Sunday, we waited for awhile, so it was nice Jason has some reading material while we waiting, and the kids could play.

And our server was a "Rising Star" so we waited some more.....
Love you, Babe!
My note on the first page....
And, now, Daddy is an old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter