and kids

and kids

Thursday, May 28, 2009

And Summer Begins!

To start off the summer, Heather (my sister) and I took the kids to McDonald's Playplace. We got there around 10:30 so they could play and then we got lunch afterwards. Heather needed to go shopping for new carpet and had planned to take all her boys, so I offered to just take them home with me after lunch (my van can hold 10 kiddos) until she got done. I'm sure it was quite a sight to see me herding nine kids (ages 8 and under) through the parking lot, but the kids always have a blast together. Plus, Heather is keeping my kiddos tomorrow while I take Daegan for an allergy test.

On a side note/complaint. I'm a little anal about a clean house. Jason was just telling me last night that I needed to loosen up just a little or else it was going to be a long, stressful summer. (Hmpf!) He knows me so well! But why is it they have to empty every toy box and leave it all over the floor to play? And why doesn't the mess bother them? This is only day one!

Maybe we have too many toys?

OK, I can do this - maybe I'll just avoid the downstairs for the summer!

Except that is where the computer is. :)

2 comments:

  1. that's funny, you look like the Duggars! daniel made me increase my anxiety meds when i started getting in a super obsessive nesting mode. i wouldn't be able to go to bed because i couldn't stop thinking about dusting or my messy closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know I for one always breathe a sigh of relief when I put some of the toys away (meaning storage, for later) or do a toy purge. The mess clearly doesn't bother my kids, either.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter