and kids

and kids

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Morning Blog

It seems that the blogs I follow (see sidebar) always have a new blog entry on Monday morning. Maybe that is because the weekend is too busy to blog and then you have a lot to tell? So.....
My weekend was good. We had some new friends over Friday night, that I somehow didn't get a picture of - Sorry Pearce family! Saturday I went to Wal-Mart and did a massive grocery shopping (Jason had work this week=$$) in the pouring rain - that was fun :/ Saturday afternoon I went and got a new purse for me and Mollee at a friends monogramming Open House. Sometimes it is fun to have at least one girl! I came home and watched the NASCAR race which was a really great race. My favorite driver won (Kyle Busch), but it was mixed emotions because the guy I really want to beat in the fantasy league had picked him and I didn't want him to get the points for Busch's win. UGH! Busch did win (yeah!), but I had a terrible week in the Fantasy League (boo!). Sunday we celebrated my sister, Ruth's, birthday at Mom and Dad's.
This morning, as the kids were getting ready for school, we were looking at the May calendar and it is hard to believe the kids only have 18 days left of school. With a lot of 'exciting' things coming up I know it will fly by - Field Day, Zoo Day, 2nd Grade Chorus Concert, Insect Project (Mollee has to catch 10 insects and display them, sounds fun - doesn't it?), etc. Can you believe summer is almost here??? Daegan is looking forward to summer because it is one step closer to kindergarten. I think he has a strange idea that the first day of summer we will go school supply shopping - he can't wait to get to pick out a new lunchbox. I remember my kindergarten lunchbox, it was Strawberry Shortcake. What is the earliest lunchbox you remember?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great weekend Gretchen, despite the rain! funny Daegan's thinking...I'm sure you're other 2 are ready for school to be OUT! My favorite/earliest lunchbox was my Cabbage Patch kids tin one with matching thermos! Where did those go?!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter