and kids

and kids

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 2009 was a good one! It is very hit or miss around here whether holidays are made a big deal when Daddy is in charge (Mother's Day, Mommy's birthday, etc.). Jason got up before me (which never happens) and brought me a dozen white roses while I was getting up. One by one the kids brought me a card they had made and the two school kids brought me things they had done in school. Mollee brought me a stained-glass candle and Tavis brought me a marigold plant. Daegan and Capps brought me each a 5 lb. weight. This may seem strange, but I've wanted some to add to my aerobics and I was very glad to get them.
I actually had nursery duty during church, but I'm looking forward to getting Dad's sermon on CD to listen to. Heather and I usually cook Sunday dinner for Mom on Mother's Day since she cooks for us ever other Sunday. My two brothers, Philip and David both called to see if their families could join also. Instead of trying to cook for that many people we ordered pulled pork barbecue, which just happens to be one of Mom's favorite meals.
Jason thinks I have too many photo traditions, but for Mother's Day it is always a picture of me with my kids:

For memory-sake, here is two years ago:

1 comment:

  1. "Hit or miss" - that pretty much sums it up.

    I LOVED the sermon; tied up a lot of loose ends for me.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter