and kids

and kids

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I'm a patriotic girl, but when it comes to Memorial Day, I can't remember what we usually do. I'm assuming we go to Mom and Dad's for a cookout, but, honestly, I can't say for sure. When work is good, Jason doesn't take too many holidays off, so I can assume he is usually working on Memorial Day.

This year was full of relaxation and fun. Not that it will surprise any of you, but I have a hard time relaxing. There is always something I can be doing, right? Today I promised Jason I would relax. I got the kids their breakfast and then I went back to bed with a cup of coffee and a good book. At about 10:30 I decided to get moving. I had an awesome treadmill run (too bad this was my last day of steroids - prescribed for a swollen sinus cavity). We all got lunch and then Mac went to bed and the bigger kids went outside to play. I headed back to read my book while I waited for the NASCAR race to begin (it was supposed to Sunday, but got rained out and today it took forever to get started because of rain).

At 4:00, we headed over to the home of Mike and Tammy's for a Memorial Day cookout. At fullest capacity, there were 14 adults and 17 kids. Here are the kids finding different places to eat outside:
But what does it say that my two older boys were in different sections away from the crowds?:
Tavis observing from afar -

And Daegan, inside where it was cooler -The kids had a blast and were very sad to leave. Jason got his exercise for the day in a humid badminton match, which he repeatedly told me that he had won. Unfortunately, one of the boys there sliced his knee open and had to go to the ER for stitches. We took his mother and sisters home afterwards so they wouldn't have to wait until the ER trip was over. Hope you are feeling better, Drew!

Ironically, the book I am reading is about a girl and her fiance, who has been shipped over for his second tour in Iraq. I don't want to forget what this holiday is truely about. I do want to thank all those that have served to make our country a safe place to live. I am proud to be an American!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh yeah, I should totally have relaxed in the morning. Remind me next year!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter