and kids

and kids

Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Do-Nothing-Saturday!

Despite all the rain (actually, probably because of all the rain), this weekend has been wonderful and uneventful. I'm anticipating a lot of chaos for our October weekends (two more Greta's Beads Expos, Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome, Alumni Weekend at CC, our anniversary and then Halloween), so I was trying to have a low key Saturday this time around. I have to plan this because it doesn't come naturally to me to 'do nothing'.

Saturday the kids woke up and played downstairs (without coming up every five minutes to see if I was awake) until I finally got up and got everyone a bowl of cereal. I made cinnamon rolls and coffee and headed back to bed. The kids allowed me to just rest and watch cartoons with Daddy (actually Daddy watched cartoons while I slept) until 11:15. I finally got up, got some laundry going(which still has to be done on a do-nothing-Saturday), made lunch, played on the computer and then ran to Wal-Mart (also a necessity on a do-nothing Saturday) and then I laid in bed the rest of the day watching football (I love football season!!). I made a yummy new experiment of feta-stuffed chicken and then watched more football after the kids went to bed.

Like I said, I don't 'do nothing' very well, but I think I did pretty good this time around. Today we ate lunch at Mom and Dad's and came home to some more football, cereal for dinner, and haircuts (because I just couldn't handle it any longer). I'm a little frustrated that it is Sunday night and I can't run my 5k because of my ankle, but I'm trying not to take it out on Jason. :)

Monday - here we come!!

1 comment:

  1. that's one of the only rachel ray recipes i've ever seen that didn't have a thousand weird ingredients.

    and there is something about rainy days that makes you want to have a big, warm breakfast. i think i'll do cinnamon rolls tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter