and kids

and kids

Friday, September 18, 2009

Manners

There are some manners that are required in our household. The "yes, sir", "no thank-you", "please" types - I can't stand the "yep", "nope", and "sure" responses. I'm a stickler for those from the first time they talk.

As for table manners, I have to confess, I'm not as picky as I should be with these. I decided a few weeks ago that we would have one manner a week that we would work on at the dinner table. First week, was the one that bugs me the most- "No talking with your mouth full!" I have no desire to see what the kids are chewing. Because of too many drink spills, last week was put your cup at the top of your place mat when not drinking - not in harms way right next to your elbow. This week was to pull your plate towards you and eat over it, not sit two feet away from it so that half your food hits your chair rather than your mouth.

I think next week will be to actually stay in your seat, with your bottom touching your seat for the entire time we are eating - as we say here at the Brown house, "No, crouching at the table!"

Tabitha, you last picture made me laugh because we have the same thing here. Although, I never put the positive spin on it as missionary practice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter