and kids

and kids

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TV, Lollipops and Juice

TV, Lollipops and Juice is always my formula for potty training.
When Mac turned 2 (in January) I said I would potty train when we were in warmer weather (I find short sleeves and no pants works best). When Summer came I said "Next Week" many times. Then I said, when the kids go back to school and I can concentrate on just Mac. We are now in our third week of school and the time is now! If I blog it maybe I'll be more motivated to post good news (like exercising accomplishments)?

I always start potty training by watching a lot of TV, drinking a lot of juice and as long as he is sitting on the potty he can hold a lollipop. This is my formula for the first few days until he understands what we are trying accomplish. I then move on to just wearing underwear around the house and cleaning up his messes, until he learns to run to the potty as his underwear gets wet. Mollee, Daegan and Capps all learned within a long week - Tavis took over a year (can you say hard to motivate?).
Here is Mac sporting new Elmo underwear this morning. We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog look, Gretchen. I've wondered about potty training Carainda... At least now I have an idea to try. The problem is, I only have one of the those potty seats that goes on the regular toilet. Perhaps I need to invest in a portable potty... and lollipops! :)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter