and kids

and kids

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm thankful that....

Sorry Camille for stealing from you:
  • Jason loves me (and my family)!
  • I got my 4-mile treadmilling in before we headed out (since I wasn't able to participate in the 5k) - did you know that at the average Thanksgiving meal one will eat 5,000 calories?
  • My mother can handle big crowds in her home, at some point in the day there were 16 adults and 21 kids (all but one child was age 9 or younger).
  • All the girls/ladies were able to bring various parts of the meal so mom wasn't overwhelmed.
  • I didn't keep my calorie log.
  • Someone else took pictures because I didn't take any - UGH! (still waiting to see what others got).
  • The cousins all played well together (sometimes they are too much like siblings, if you know what I mean).
  • There were no ER trips for stitches.
  • It didn't rain and even though it was cold, the kids got to enjoy outside (football game with the Uncles and Grandpa, walk in the woods, lots of gun fights, etc.).
  • Mary brought awesome sweet potatoes!
  • We didn't have to travel and, after an exhausting day, we got to collapse into our own bed.

And:

  • We have a roof over our heads and food on our table - every day.
  • The Lord is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter