and kids

and kids

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Weekend!

After many, many very busy weekends (mostly because of Greta's Beads shows), this weekend was just what we needed. It actually was supposed to be busy, but ended up not being busy at all. And it was productive!

Jason didn't work Friday so he was home, which is always a treat. He got to work on his truck and got a few odds and ends done around the house. I had Baby David and wanted to get some cleaning done and some laundry done because we were going to be gone all day Saturday.

Unfortunately, our Saturday plans didn't work out. We were supposed to go to Franklin to visit with the McClure's, but at the last minute Shannon found out she had to work Saturday. It was very disappointing not to go, Mollee and Tavis didn't handle it well, but we will make it happen another weekend (this was the second time to get cancelled this Fall)!

Since I had all my cleaning and laundry done (ok, really it is never completely done), I went out Saturday afternoon and got some Christmas shopping done. It was a good reminder why I don't usually wait until December to do my shopping - it was insanely busy!

It was probably for the best that we didn't go out-of-town because we have all been fighting a cough, etc. At the beginning of last week, Daegan missed school because of strep and on Wednesday Mac had to get a steroid shot for a rough case of croup. I haven't had a voice for about six days (this happens to me every Fall?), but, thankfully, I haven't really felt bad.

Therefore, we stayed home from church Sunday morning, and it was nice just to take a slow, relaxing morning to do nothing. We went to Mom and Dad's for lunch (thanks mom for cooking!), but didn't really stick around like we normally do and came home for some more "nothing". I watched "UP" with the kids (which we all enjoyed, but it was a little sad and Capps said the movie made his stomach hurt) and then, after the kids went to bed, I watched "G.I.Joe" with Jase (which was entertaining - if you like action packed).

And now, another week starts!

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter