and kids

and kids

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Healthy Fall, Sick Winter?

I blame Jason for this - the sickness in our house. He just said that we have been fortunate with a healthy winter and BAM! Ruined Record!

I mentioned that Mac threw up at church and then he was sick for his birthday. His fever was hovering around 102 all day Sunday and yesterday, so this morning when it was 103 I decided to take him to get checked. He has an ear infection. This is so random to me. I was worried about croup/strider and he has an ear infection. The reason he is coughing is because he has so much drainage that it is irritating his throat. Dr. said to give him decongestant, rather than cough syrup (which wasn't working anyway) and that should help. Hmmmm, Interesting!

Daegan woke up this morning not feeling great, so I let him stay home. He has been complaining about a headache since Friday?? He had a low grade fever 99, which (in school terms) isn't really a fever. The Dr. listened to Daeg's lungs while we were there because he was coughing too, but everything sounded good. (Unfortunately, I didn't have him look at Daegan's throat, I think the boy can think about strep throat and catch it). Now, he has a fever of 103.5, which is a little scary for a 6 year old. He also threw up tonight, right after I gave him some decongestant, but that is par for the course. Every time this boy gets fever, he throws up. I couldn't convince him maybe he should take some more medicine.

I guess we really had a fairly healthy fall, not sure about the winter yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter