and kids

and kids

Friday, January 15, 2010

My Mac!

My Mac is turning 3 today! Therefore, it is time for a trip down memory lane - last year was my first year of blogging and I didn't do a "memory" entry for Mac's birthday. I had only been blogging for two weeks and hadn't thought about how to bore my audience with lots of pictures.

Mac's birth wasn't what I planned or expected, but all things went well. I was measuring very large and Mac was measuring large (they were guessing 9 1/2 lbs). Since my babies had gotten progressively bigger (Capps being 8lbs. 12 oz.) and my labors went very quickly, I was induced a week early. To me, this was a big relief because I could get the kids settled at my mom's and plan for the birth.

I remember being impatient and frustrated because the induction didn't go as quickly as I had hoped. I was induced around 8 AM, in the past this meant I'd be holding my baby before lunch. And can you believe I had to wait all the way until 3:30 to meet him? (I know, I still have nothing to complain about!).

Surprisingly, he didn't even weight 7 lbs. I think maybe he hadn't been cooking as long as they thought he had? But he was healthy and all went well!

The kids were so excited to get to meet him! I think this look of pride on Daegan's face says it all!
One week old (all my kiddos wore these pjs):
He was a fairly happy baby, he looks very chubby in all his baby pictures, but he was usually in the 5th% or less (and still is).
Thankfully, he loved the exersaucer, and lived there much of his early life.
I have numerous pictures of him sitting like this, he always sat with his legs out!
My illegal 'sassy seat'. My mom had one of these when Ruth was a baby (20+ years prior) and when I found one at a yard sale I got it and we loved it.
Most little ones don't go through clothes that quickly, meaning they don't wear them out and can usually be passed on. Mac stayed little and wore the same size for a long while, plus he loved to crawl back and forth on the sidewalk and play in the rocks - the sidewalk killed a lot of jeans!
You could find him emptying the tupperware often.
Easter 2008 (I still have these shoes - he wore them for about 18 months)
Now for my two favorite pictures of Mac.
This one is him watching the ocean while we were eating at the BackPorch in Destin, FL
And this one is priceless to me. This is my Dad walking Mac out of the park to head to a baseball game, I just happened to have my camera out to snap this one that I will cherish forever!
Mac is still tiny, his last few check-ups the Dr. has been nice and put him in the 1%, even though he hasn't even been on the charts. I love it for now! Daegan was my other tiny baby/child and he has hit some sort of 6-year old growth spurt that I'll just hope Mac will hit at that age also.
Happy 3rd Birthday, Macaroni!
(who cares if you are still wearing 18-24 month clothes)

4 comments:

  1. lol. aaron's in 10% for weight, and they said once he starts crawling he'll probably drop down the scale. oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, he does look chubby! So cute. I think the camera makes them look bigger?

    That is a LOT of tupperware. Are you sure you're not a pack rat?! ;)

    That is such a great photo of him and your dad... priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your favorite of him looking at the beach and the one of him with your dad...very Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter