and kids

and kids

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sledding!

Yesterday was snow ball fighting! Today was sledding. We started out at my parents house, with the Harris Family and Aunt Ruth:The sisters!I thought I'd go down with Tavis first.........not one of my proudest moments (that I will never hear the end of from Tavis). When I used to sled in the backyard growing up there was no fence at the end. It was always a challenge to see who could go the farthest.

Well, Tavis and I got stuck under the fence. Actually, Tavis was in front and he got stuck under the fence while Mommy tried hard not to wet her pants laughing so hard. This is the 'Florida Boy' (my new name for Jon) trying to rescue us!We then moved (after the fence incident) two doors down to a house with a great hill and no one is ever home!

If you've noticed, Capps isn't in any of these pictures. He didn't want to get cold. When we were gone so long, he was thinking about changing his mind. The Harris' were cold, and Tavis had had enough, so we took a sled and headed home.

Capps made it one time down (after 20 minutes of bundling preparation) and then he was done. See how happy he is!Tavis went down only one more time and went in very ready to get warm. (We had to double up the kids on the sled because they just didn't weigh enough to get going very fast)Mollee and Daegan kept going for awhile. Note: Aunt Ruth walked down with us, she didn't want to miss out on more sledding opportunities.Mollee and Daegan had a few 'spills'.Daegan retired and Mommy and Mollee became sledding buddies - trying something new on this turn (that actually turned out to be a good run).AND (drum roll please) Aunt Ruth and Mommy even went down together.I am sure that I got my aerobic activity for the day - climbing back up the hill each time was quite a workout!!

THANKS MAMA JO FOR HAVING SLEDS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. GRETCH! these are SO cute!!!! what fun! and what sweet family memories!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! I laughed hysterically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! Why did we not sled?! Capps is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter