and kids

and kids

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update on 3 year old check-up

So, I'm one of those geeks! I have a baby calendar for each one of my children - one of those where you have stickers for accomplishments (first smile, sitting up, first food, first step, etc.). It was an easy way for a busy mom to keep track of things that I was able to transfer to a baby scrapbook (which I am proud to say I got everyone's book updated over the past week - I do a detailed first year and then a couple pages for the second year and then one or two pages for each year past that, up to age 10).

On the last page of each calendar, I write down the kids weight, height and percentages for each check-up. I must admit there are some holes to some of the lists of numbers, but everyone had a 3 year old list, so I'm going to do what any good mom shouldn't do - a comparison!

These are 3 year old numbers:

Mollee - 29 lb (30%), 36 inches (12%) --she was tiny at a year only weighing 16 lb. 3 oz., and she walked at 7 months - it seemed normal to me then, but now I realize how bizarre that was
Tavis - 28 3/4 lb (20%), 36 inches (15%) --I feel like there is something wrong with this measurement, T was much bigger than Daeg and all other measurements put him in 50% for weight??
Daegan - 29 lb. (25%), 36 inches (10%) -- apparently, this isn't exact science, T and D have the same height at the same age and got different percentages???
Capps - 32 lbs. (50%), 37 1/2 inches (48%) -- this is no surprise, he was always the biggest (at birth he was 1 1/2 lbs heavier than all the others), always around 50% for both measurements
and (just for the chart, I know it is on the previous entry)
Mac - 27 lb (10%), 35 3/4 inches (15%)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter