and kids

and kids

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Good Day!

Today was going to be a little crazy, but ended up being great. I was supposed to be babysitting for baby David today, but his mother called and because he had a little fever, she was going to take him to his Mimi's instead of exposing us to new germ. My mother also called and invited Capps and Mac to play with Miles and Townes (my nephews staying with my parents this week) for the morning. I had Mom's group and, apparently, I was headed with no kids in tow. As I was leaving, Jason was coming home because of the snow, he couldn't get to his job site up the mountain. By the time I got to church, I found out that school was being called off within 30 minutes. Instead of leaving Mother's Group I was able to just call Jason to go get the kids. My sister-in-law, Sarah, showed up to group and since she had no kids with her (school and pre-school) and I had no kids, we went to lunch together. That isn't something I do often (or ever?) - take a leisurely lunch with a girlfriend with no kids....but I liked it! It was a great treat and Jason didn't complain a bit when he ended up at home on a possible 'day off' with a house full of kids. After lunch I was able to take a nap, hang out with Jason, play way too many rounds of Toy Story Yahtzee with the kids and make a fun dinner of homemade waffles.



Yes, indeed, it has been a good day! And now I have stayed up way too late!

1 comment:

Site Meter