and kids

and kids

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break: Day 3

Today, my sister, Heather, and I swapped kids. She took my kids for the morning and I ran some errands. We then met at McDonald's for lunch, let the kids play and she went to run her errands and I took her kids home with me. A big van has it's advantages!I had planned to get a haircut and go grocery shopping for my errands, but changed my mind and just went to the mall and slowly looked around without a stroller and without playing herd ball - it was great! I got a top for Easter and a birthday gift for Jason.

Half-way through the Harris' stay here, the mailman brought a Netflix movie, The Bionicle Saga (very important to little boys). Of course, they were watching while building bionicles (for those of you without boys, that is a Lego product of some sort?).
Mollee had a birthday party to go to at 4:00, so as soon as Heather picked up her boys, we loaded in the van and dropped her off.
Jason is working about 45 minutes away and doesn't have cell service so when I hadn't heard from him to say he was on his way home by 6:15, I started up the grill and grilled our chicken myself. The boys and I ate dinner and at 7:30, when I was loading up the boys to go get Mollee, Jason called to say he was almost home. So, I warmed up his plate and was able to leave the boys home.

Right now they are enjoying Charlie Brown's Easter Special (I remember loving these specials as a kid, but as an adult, I just don't get them?) and will be going to bed as soon as it is over. Then I hope to get to bed early myself for another fun-filled day of Spring Break!

1 comment:

Site Meter