and kids

and kids

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another long Saturday

We haven't signed our children up for sports yet because I don't want to be at the ball field every weekend. Even though I love sports and can't wait for them to play, I just haven't desired to add one more thing to our schedule. Somehow, our Saturdays continue to stay full.

Jason had to work today. So, my already busy Saturday just got a little more stressful. Tavis had a birthday party from 11-1. It was on the other side of the town from where we live so I didn't want to go back home and then head back out to pick him up. I decided to just stay at the party and pay for the other kids to play, thankfully, I was able to come up with four coupons to cover them.

The kids had a blast and I was so excited for them to burn some energyTavis and the Birthday Boy!Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of kids coming down the slide? I got a lot of thesebut got these tooThe party did have some excitement when Tavis' best friend hit his head and was gushing blood. No matter how many head wounds you've seen, it is always amazing how much a head wound bleeds and then it just stops. I helped his mother and a nurse (the birthday boy's mom) get Chase cleaned up. They decided to get his father to come pick them up to go to the ER, which was fortunate because all the excitement made his mother a little lightheaded. Thankfully, I noticed she didn't look right and caught her before she hit the ground. He ended up getting three stitches.
I should have been a nurse, I love helping in those situations - does that make me sick?
I then had a baby shower at 3:00 and a wedding at 4:00. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the baby shower *hmpf* Jason didn't get home until 3:40 and I made it to the wedding while the first song was being sung. Mollee, of course, wanted to go with me, but Tavis and Daegan decided they also wanted to go because they had never been to a wedding. I thought that was great! They had to shower and get dressed up, but they were excited about it and I was pleased to have such handsome dates!
The reception was a dinner downtown and since Jason had been working all day and was home with the younger two, I decided we would just go home instead of prolonging our outing at least another two hours. The wedding was for a now friend that I used to babysit - it was gorgeous!!
I can't wait for the next two weddings we get to attend as a family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your help with Chase (and me). And also for the laundry advice...I managed to get all of the blood out of the shirt! Don't know what I would have done without you and Eloise.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter