and kids

and kids

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Day of Summer

For the last day of summer we went to McDonalds (after allergy shots, I can't be Fun Mom all the time!) and then had a relaxed afternoon together. I had grand intentions of a special craft that got cancelled when I forgot one thing I needed, so I'm hoping to get to that on Saturday. Stay Tuned.......


Instead we had story time with some new books.

Played with Playdoh, which is a big deal because Mommy is rarely in the mood to mess with it.And had some 'veg-out-technology-time'. The boys played Xbox and Mollee was on the computer playing Webkinz and then I think they kept switching out who was playing what. "Screen Time" gets cut way back when school starts, so I decided to just let them at it for awhile. (You can't see Mac, but he is sitting in the chair watching the boys play).At bedtime tonight, Mollee informed me she didn't have any earrings that really matched her new dress. She is in luck (and she knows it) that her mother makes jewelry. We pulled out my bead stock and made these:To go with a dress with this fabric:I have mixed feelings tonight. I'm ready for structure. Not ready for carpool. Ready for the kids to be back at school. Not ready for homework. Ready to have some alone time with Mac, who is 3 1/2 and doesn't know his colors (not because he hasn't learned them, but because he is #5, do you think I've worked with him?). Absolutely, positively, not ready for Capps to go to school. Ready for Capps to go to school because I know he needs it. UGH!


*sniff*sniff*


Mac and I have a date planned tomorrow that he can't stop talking about, so there is that!!

3 comments:

  1. love that Mollee needed new earrings! smart girl :)

    so sorry you're not ready for Capps to go to school :( sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you got to talk to your beautiful sister on Skype! What a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for Mac and I love Mollee's new earrings!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter