and kids

and kids

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday already?

A couple of weeks ago my brother was looking at my blog and made fun of me because it was July 25th and I already had 26 entries for the month. So? Now it is Thursday and I haven't blogged since Saturday. Whoa! So, now for some babbling for the history books:

It has been a busy week. After such a busy Saturday, we went to church Sunday, ate lunch at Mom and Dad's and came right home to crash.

Monday was full of a lot of different errands, mostly trying to get school supplies. We went through the four different lists we have to fill and labeled all markers, crayons, etc. Then we packed the book bags and made a list of everything we still didn't have. This is the only problem with the coupon/saving method, you buy stuff sporadically rather than just going to Wal-Mart and getting everything at once. So I still have a few more items to get, but we are almost ready.

Sidebar: Along those lines, we were discussing the first day of school at breakfast today and Capps mentioned some old t-shirt he wanted to wear, I suggested he wear something a little nicer since it is his 'big day'. Daegan then asked, "You aren't going to make me wear something that matches, are you?"

Tuesday I had David and I was trying to clean the house for company that was coming the next day. If I spread out the cleaning it is a lot less stressful. Keeping David these days is getting more and more difficult since he is now walking and climbing and getting into everything. Also, you'd think I was used to this by now, he is a little strong-willed.

A friend called to drop some clothes off for Mac and I asked her to stay for lunch. It was a nice, unexpected, been-too-long visit and the kids enjoyed having playmates. (Did I mention it is just too hot to send the kids out to burn energy?) That night we went on our weekly trip to Chik-fil-A for kids-eat-free. We got home, got the kids in bed and I put together dinner for the next night.

Wednesday I was getting ready for my company, but I needed to get out of the house. The house was fairly clean, the dinner was in the crock pot and the kids were trying to mess up the house. My sister called to say she and her boys and her company (her sister-in-law and 2 nephews) were going to the $1 theater to see "How to Train Your Dragon". I had attempted taking my kids a few weeks earlier and it didn't work out, so I was game to go. I had an hour to shower and get the kids lunch, but we made it - unfortunately, sitting in three different rows.

I tortured myself and the kids with a trip to Publix before we headed home. Andy, Moriah and fam came over for dinner, dessert and fellowship. With their four kids added to our five it was a bit loud, but the kids all had a blast and it was fun to have some adult time.

Now, it is somehow Thursday. I have David again today and we need to get to the library after lunch, it is the last Thursday the library is open for the kids to finish up their AR reading tests before school starts. I am also preparing for company again for dinner tonight.

Better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter