and kids

and kids

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Coupons, again!

Yes, I'm talking about coupons again! But it amazes me sometimes and I just have to share.

Lately, I've frustrated my kids by not buying things that aren't on sale (just to make my Mom proud!). Yogurt and granola bars are the things that have been lacking here, two things we use in abundance.
So, when I went to Publix today, I was one of those people I get frustrated with - the one that buys so much there isn't any left for those that show up later.

But let me break it down for you, just so you can see!

I bought 13 6-packs, 2.69 a piece 13x2.69 = $34.97

Sale: BOGO Free (1/2 price) so they were = $17.48

I had two different coupons

I had 5 coupons that were .50 cents off, which are doubled at Publix, so I got $5 off

=$12.48

Plus, I had 6 coupons that were .75 cents off, so that is another $4.50 off

Total for 13 6-packs of yogurt: $7.98

Hoping it will last awhile (I always push back to the back of the row to get the latest expire date), but I'm sure it won't last long enough. Especially with lunches to be packed soon.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I know you through M too! Sorry I'm not quite so good at returning the comments. Yogurt freezes pretty well actually. I always freeze our go-gurt tubes. So you could put your cups in the freezer and they should thaw in the lunch boxes in time for lunch.
    Hope CFA was fun last night!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter