and kids

and kids

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Zone

Capps, who is very rarely sick, is now very sick. I guess it is what happens when you go to school?

He woke up yesterday with fever. I was already taking Mac in for his 4 yr old check up, so Capps came along. He said his head hurt and his stomach hurt. I assumed strep, that seems like the favorite germ around here.

As soon as the dr. walked in (before examination) and I told him what was going on, he said, "I don't think it is strep, he looks like he has the flu". Not sure what the flu "looks like", but the test came back positive for Flu B. I didn't even know they could test for the flu?! In case you are wondering, they test your boogers.

So this is where he'll be for 5-10 days. These are the days I wish for cable tv.Capps is rarely sick, but he is the one that started the stomach bug around here (even though we know David had brought it in the house). Hoping the flu doesn't bounce around the family like the stomach bug did.

We were given a Tamiflu prescription for him, but insurance doesn't cover it, so we didn't get it. Hoping that doesn't make us bad parents.

Please pray Mollee doesn't get it, she has asthma and every year I say I'm going to at least get her a flu shot, but I never have. I blame insurance. Do you know how expensive it is to get those things for 7 people when they aren't covered? If she does get it, I'm sure we'll figure out a way to get Tamiflu for her. I hope that also doesn't make us bad parents to get it for one kid and let the others suffer. :)

Hopefully, I'll see something other than the inside walls of my house by next week!

2 comments:

  1. If you need anything, please let me know.
    I'll pray that it doesn't spread to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes tamiflu doesn't always work anyway
    so sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter