and kids

and kids

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Can you imagine?

I now start each Sunday morning with waterproof mascara. I hate wearing it because I hate getting it off, but I always need it on Sundays.

I don't know if it is the stress that Jason and I find ourselves in these days. If it is the fact that I have small children that I want to make sure know the Lord and that weighs on my heart a little. If it is because I feel like I can actually listen to a worship service now - I've always struggled with concentrating and now the kids are old enough that I'm not so distracted by them - and I am learning a lot. Or if it is because I just don't care what people think around me, so I just let my emotions take over.

All these things contribute to the fact that I usually tear up during our worship.

There are certain things that get me every time. When my dad (the pastor) talks about his Dad - a great man that I cannot wait for my husband and kids to meet. There are songs that are emotional for me like Great is Thy Faithfulness, which we used in our wedding. And then there is communion, where I am reminded of the greatest sacrifice.

I want to share and write some things down that weigh heavy on my heart each week. I hope to share something from our service often, but I'm not going to say every week, because I don't want to force it.

Last week *I regrettably didn't get this posted last Sunday*, there was a song that hit me hard and I found myself so overwhelmed with emotions that I couldn't sing, but it has been playing in my head all week. With all the pain we are surrounded with, whether it be a friend with cancer, the loss of a loved one, or the devastation of a tornado, this song is such a comfort. A "I can't even imagine" comfort.

Be Still, My Soul, verse 4

Be Still, my soul: the hour is hast'ning on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Sitting on my deck, in tears again as I type this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter