and kids

and kids

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My baby turns 7!

Because Mac's birthday landed on a Wednesday and we have crazy Wednesdays getting to church, we decided to celebrate on Tuesday.  Mac had no objections to celebrating a day early.

My only New Year's Resolution this year was to make each kid a birthday cake.  I can't do really fancy cakes, but I did take a course in high school to learn the basic techniques.  I have made one cake for all of my kids birthdays - ONE!  What an embarrassment.

So, two weeks into the year, I got to do my first one.  And here it is!  A minion!!!  I must say, I was very proud of this one - and it was so fun and great to get out all of my tools and be creative.
 In recent weeks, Mac has taken a really, really goofy turn.  So there are lots of animated weirdness in his birthday pics.
 I think if you can choose a month to have a baby in, January is the best.  You can buy toys on clearance after Christmas, plus you can get wrapping paper for cheap - you can't see it, but this is Angry Bird wrapping paper and you can't even tell it is for Christmas!
 Legos!
 A really, really, really noise machine gun that I am having second thoughts about.
 And a Hot Wheels race track that sticks to the walls.
And this is what it looks like after everyone gets the piece they want.
 To hang the track you have to follow specific instructions so that it angles correctly and all the moving parts work.  Jason had Daegan do it.  Funny to watch, but very proud of the results.
 Still working on the track and Mac shooting everyone with his noisy gun.
 On Mac's REAL birthday, I surprised him at breakfast with one more gift.
 A Captain America Jacket!!!
 So, my baby is 7.  I love this goofy, snuggly, awesome kid!!!!!  Our own little Minion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter