and kids

and kids

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another Saturday of Parties

Today we had another full Saturday. I hate full Saturdays. I want to do my grocery shopping first thing in the morning and then have the day to do nothing with Jason. He has been working a lot this week and has been exhausted by the heat so I was looking forward for him to be able to do nothing, but things don't always turn out like you planned.

Mollee had a party from 10-12 and Tavis had a party from 3-5. I thought that was doable, but then I found out about a third party also from 10-12 that all the kids were invited to and, the icing on the cake (no pun intended), Jason had to work.

So I took Mollee to her party and then headed the boys to the other party late. Here are my boys with my nephew, Lou, the birthday boy!! Singing to LouMac with a very exhuberant version of singing while sitting with Jack We always enjoy Chuck E. Cheese. My kids are very excited about getting tickets and buying junk treasures from the counter. Usually, to make it easy on myself, we put all the tickets together and just divide it among the four. This time, I told them they would get what they won themselves. I should have guessed who would take this seriously and end up with the most "money". Daegan ended with 301 tickets, Capps had 59 and Tavis had 66 and, somehow, Mac ended up with 115.

We got home around 12:30, Jason got home around 1:00. I headed out to go to Publix and pick up prescriptions from CVS. I got home at 3:00, just enough time to get Tavis ready (in a bathing suit) and out the door to get to his party at 3:30. I snuck over to Hobby Lobby, sans kids, during the party and then we were heading home at 5:30. We picked up pizza for dinner and afterwards, I had some peanut butter caramel popcorn to make for a friends' birthday.

Now I'm blogging and wondering if my arms are ever going to stop itching???

1 comment:

  1. daniel and i went on a few chuck e cheese dates in college. they really get you with that ticket system.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter