and kids

and kids

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Last minute "Fun Mom" attempt

I was sending an e-mail to a friend this morning about cheap options to do with the kids to be "Fun Mom". After I sent it, I decided we needed to do something today. Our zoo only charges $1 for admission on Wednesdays and it was overcast, so I thought it would be the perfect day.

It was 10:40 and nobody was dressed, but somehow we got ready, picnic packed and in the car by 11:00. And then the sun came out from behind the clouds!!

Needless to say, it was hot!! We seemed to linger longer at the shaded exhibits. (except Mac had a strong objection to the ones that had stinky animals)At the petting zoo (don't worry, Mac and Capps didn't get too close!)I realize now that most of my pictures are of the kids from behind:This is one of the kids longing to ride the carousel, but we were only planning on $1 per person for admission, it wouldn't be considered cheap if I paid for the carousel too, would it?Thankfully, the one shaded table was available for us when it was time for our picnic
When I go on this random outings with the kids, I rarely get in a picture, but I made it in one of these, can you tell which one?

8 comments:

  1. I see that reflection in Hank's window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that deciding at 10:40 to go and loading up at 11:00 qualifies you for the FUN MOM of the day award! And who doesn't love the zoo? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...that 20 minute getting ready and in the car...very impressive. Mollee looks so grown up and sporty in her red visor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love the zoo. Andy loves to take them. So it works out great for me! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day! We LOVE the zoo! Thought about maybe heading to ours tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a membership at our zoo which we LOVE. It makes it so much easier to pick up at go for just an hour or two and not worry about getting our money's worth out of the trip. Way to go Fun MOM!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter