and kids

and kids

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birthday Parties

We don't do birthday parties (well, not the kind that the kids invite friends). I'd love to, but I don't want to get sucked in to paying for it for five different kids and I don't want to have to do "bigger and better" each year. I really would love to do it, but, really, it is about the money.

I am amazed at the different types of parties out there. We've been to many different inflatable parties, bowling parties, swimming parties, Build-A-Bear parties, Libby Lu, roller skating and the list goes on.
Daegan got invited to a party that was last night. It was all about video games. I didn't know what to expect, but, apparently, a big trailer parks outside your home that has four very large TVs with surround sound and four different Xboxes hooked up - each with a different game and four controllers. Therefore, 16 kids can be playing at a time. They pick the games according to the age of the party. He got to play a game, HALO, that we have, but he has never played before. So it is all he has talked about since he got home.
The party was from 7-9 and was in a part of town I wasn't familiar with. Last minute, Jason decided to go with me. We dropped the kids at my parents to watch a movie and then we dropped Daegan at his party and we went out to eat for a late dinner (Cracker Barrel). It ended up being a late night, but Daegan made it to his party, we had a date, and the kids had fun watching Charlotte's Web with Papa!!

1 comment:

  1. You have little family parties (multiple, even) for every single birthday - just scroll down this blog! But I know what you meant. We do a friend party (as inexpensively as possible) on the big ones - 5 years, for example. It takes the pressure off. I think I still remember my 5 year old birthday and it was nothing extravagant, my mom just had my little friends over and there was cake. The good old days.

    I saw that video game trailer thing one day and just, well, had to pick my jaw up off the ground. Who pays for that stuff?! (Well, clearly SOMEONE does!)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter