and kids

and kids

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Try to follow this line of thoughts

Today, I finally planted some flowers. I love flowers, but hate playing the part of the gardener. My mom loves it, my sister loves it, both my grandmothers love it, but not me!

I needed something to 'cheer up' our home. We haven't finished painting, we haven't had the money to buy shutters, all my furniture from the front porch is broken and I hate yard work, so the house has looked a little 'unloved'.

Last year I had some impatients and I kept them alive all summer, so I got some of these today! I bought a multi-colored pack and I know my mother will be horrified, but I planted some reds, purples and pinks together. I also got a marigold because I love yellow. I'm still looking for some hearty yellow gerberia daisies for my 'special pot'.Planting flowers made me think of the fact that I never posted any of my Mother's Day gifts, other than the Spa that Capps' class did. I usually don't get anything for Mother's Day except what the kids make at school. *enough said about that* I'll have to share some of those later, but here is the card Tavis gave me (little twit).He thought it was hilarious! Ok, maybe I did smile! It is no secret. Too bad this is what Daegan and Tavis brought me for Mother's Day:I will try not to kill them! (the plants)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a brown thumb! I'm terrified I'm going to kill Chase's cabbage project for school, but so far so good (as far as still being alive, but not so big).

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter