and kids

and kids

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Airport Adventure

So, my sister moved to South Africa 3 years ago.  She fell in love, got married, had a baby and now she and her family are moving to 'merica.

They were due to fly in at 9:00 last night, but at 8:40 (while en route to the airport) we got a call that they were still in Customs and they missed their flight and they were flying into the Nashville airport - two hours away.  Their flight was scheduled to land at 12:15.

We turned around, went home, put the kids to bed and then Mom, Dad, Heather and I headed to Nashville in my van.  It was a good adventure.

This is how Papa "waits patiently".
 I think we had some good laughs - you know, the later it gets, the funnier things are.
 No, we didn't plan our outfits?!
When their plane landed, we watched it unload.  And we waited.  And we waited.  No Ruth and Gary and Lilly.  And we waited.  I really thought my father was going to bust.  

Apparently, they were waiting for their stroller to be retrieved, so they were the last ones off.  But they made it and were safely with us.
 Lilly was quite exhausted.
 She was asleep before we got out of the parking garage.
We then drove our two hours back home at 2 AM in the foggy darkness with a slight drizzle.  Our exhausting adventure was over around 4 AM.

Then I got to get up at 6 to get kids ready for school and get to work.  I have decided I am much too old for no sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter