and kids

and kids

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Searching Out Water Fun

Needed a Field Trip today. 

We headed to the Passage but the water was not on or even existent - bummer!  So we ended up here!

It was so hot!  But we had a blast!
I told Jason I always admire how the kids just jump in and play with other kids.  Mollee always gets attached to the younger girls and plays with them and looks out for them.  The boys (mostly Tavis) always make a new friend and usually knows their name and family history.
I love Group Shots!!!!

Winding up the path over a two hour period!
And ending at the "broken road"
A brief moment where we were the only ones in this section!

The kids wanted to run up the steps and I decided I needed to stay at the bottom and take a picture.
Literally, about 90 seconds after I snapped this picture the sky got dark and the lightening started.  So, we headed to the car!  Unfortunately, our 12 minute drive home (the boys have it timed) took about 45 minutes - not sure why, except that it was raining?

When we got home a little before 5:00, Jason was already home.  He had been in the heat (working)- but without the water fun!

I had put dinner together before we left, so I was able to throw it in the oven without much fuss.  We had promised the kids we would go to Steak-N-Shake for treats sometime in the Summer, so we added that to our activities tonight!

Now, the kids are watching a little Ninjago while they all have a sugar crash.  I am watching the Olympics and Blogging.  And Jason is reading!

One week until school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter