and kids

and kids

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Cookie Grandma


Grandma J has always been "The Cookie Grandma". Everytime she would come to visit she would have a few tupperware boxes full of different kinds of cookies she had baked the previous week. She enjoys baking cookies and we have always enjoyed baking them and decorating them with her. I have done a lot of cut out cookies with her - my mom doesn't enjoy baking so this was not something we did unless Grandma J was around. I love to bake and have tried to carry on the tradition as best I can. We always make a huge batch of cut out cookies (I think her recipe is about 10 dozen?) for Christmas, but my kids have never really gotten to do them with Grandma J. They definitely have never gotten to do them in Grandma J's kitchen. We didn't have time to make cut out cookies, but we went for the next best thing: Molasses Crinkles (a.k.a. Ginger Snaps) rolled in colorful sugar. Here are the kids baking with "The Cookie Grandma"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter